- About D. A. Shaver
- Brute Force Attacks
- Googling Google
- Getting to the top of Google
- Google’s Advanced Search Operators
- How to get Google site Verification
- Seven Basic Things Necessary To Be On The First Page Of A Google Search
- Success With The Google Docs Advantage
- What Is A Search Engine?
- Will My Web Site Be Found On Google?
- Hex color abreviations
- How To Make A Website
- How To Take Pictures For Your Website
- How to get started blogging
- How to make money
- How to manage your strong passwords
- Just the facts
- Moving your computer
- My Experiences With Anti-Virus Software
- Privacy Statement
- Refresh the file and folder lists
- Stupid Windows Messages
- Tame Multiple Domains On The Web Site With htaccess 301 Redirect
- The Future Of The Internet Software
- The Necessity Of A UPS
- Web Site Usability Keeps Customers Returning
- What Is A Domain Name?
- What Is A Web Browser?
- What Is Good SEO?
- What Is RSS?
- What Is Web Mail?
- What Is Website Hosting?
- What is FTP?
- What is a Good Web Page?
- What is a database?
- What is the one thing web hosting companies fail to understand?
- Why Everyone Can And Should Have A Blog
- Why You Need A Web Site
- Writing Articles for your Website or Blog
Getting to the top of Google
Getting to the top of Google is not an exact procedure, and nothing can be promised, but some things can be done.
- The most important thing is frequently updating your web site. A blog is ideal for this, a short relevant paragraph a day would great. If you have a shopping cart, this would be a great reason to add one or two items a day with good descriptions (or as many as you have time for)
- If you are at top of Google it will only be for a certain key phrase and different pages will have different key phrases. These are 2 or 3 words people use for searching. Certain phrases may have a lot of competition and will be harder than others. You may have one page which is top ten while another page may not even is listed.
- When writing your merchandise descriptions, articles or blog postings you should have just one key phrase and it should be in your title and the page should be about that one specific thing. Short relevant articles will bring visitors to your web site.
- Google defines page rank as the importance of that page to the Internet but may be mostly a combination time and other sites linking to you. The more of these one page articles the more visitors you could have since each page could have a listing in Google.
- It is important when other sites link to you because, as far as Google is concerned, you are considered an expert when a site links to you.
- Time is also important also generally Google will wait 3 or 6 months to see if a site is going to be permanent and what pattern of content and visitors it will have. This period is often referred to as the sandbox. It can be considered as a trial period when you can prove yourself.