- About D. A. Shaver
- Brute Force Attacks
- Googling Google
- Hex color abreviations
- How To Make A Website
- How To Take Pictures For Your Website
- How to get started blogging
- How to make money
- How to manage your strong passwords
- Just the facts
- Moving your computer
- My Experiences With Anti-Virus Software
- Privacy Statement
- Refresh the file and folder lists
- Stupid Windows Messages
- Tame Multiple Domains On The Web Site With htaccess 301 Redirect
- The Future Of The Internet Software
- The Necessity Of A UPS
- Web Site Usability Keeps Customers Returning
- What Is A Domain Name?
- What Is A Web Browser?
- What Is Good SEO?
- What Is RSS?
- What Is Web Mail?
- What Is Website Hosting?
- What is FTP?
- What is a Good Web Page?
- What is a database?
- What is the one thing web hosting companies fail to understand?
- Why Everyone Can And Should Have A Blog
- Why You Need A Web Site
- Writing Articles for your Website or Blog
The Future Of The Internet Software
In the future your home computer will only be used to access applications on the web. Your choice will be between web mail and web mail. All of your office applications, word processor, spread sheets; everything will hosted on the web. There will be no installing programs on your home computer. These programs will work much better because the company that writes that software will host them. Your computer will work much better because it won’t have the burden of all of these installed programs.
This is sometimes known as SaaS or software as service. I use an online booking service called Freshbooks. I found this to be much easier than purchasing, installing and learning to use an off the shelf accounting system. This software is maintained and updated much better and easier when hosted by the company that wrote it. Authors will have much less trouble protecting their Intellectual property rights when the software is hosted on their own servers. This will bring down the costs for everyone.
Advertising will completely support many other applications.