- About D. A. Shaver
- Brute Force Attacks
- Googling Google
- Hex color abreviations
- How To Make A Website
- How To Take Pictures For Your Website
- How to get started blogging
- How to make money
- How to manage your strong passwords
- Moving your computer
- My Experiences With Anti-Virus Software
- Privacy Statement
- Refresh the file and folder lists
- Stamps.com fails to send receipt
- Stupid Windows Messages
- Tame Multiple Domains On The Web Site With htaccess 301 Redirect
- The Future Of The Internet Software
- The Necessity Of A UPS
- Web Site Usability Keeps Customers Returning
- What Is A Domain Name?
- What Is A Web Browser?
- What Is Good SEO?
- How To Be Front Page In Google
- What An SEO Can And Can Not Do For You
- What Are Meta Tags?
- Forget about linking
- Here is a great video by Google Webmasters that pretty much sums up my philosophy on SEO.
- How can I get more traffic is the wrong question
- Search Engine Optimization
- The 3 SEO tips you need to know
- The one easy thing you can do to get lots more visitors to come to your website
- The real SEO steps you need to know
- URL Canonicalization
- What Is SEO Malpractice?
- What’s Wrong With Buying Links To Your Web Site?
- What’s Wrong With SEO Tools?
- Your Biggest Mistake With SEO (and Your Web Site)
- What Is RSS?
- What Is Web Mail?
- What Is Website Hosting?
- What is FTP?
- What is a Good Web Page?
- What is a database?
- Why Everyone Can And Should Have A Blog
- Why You Need A Web Site
- Writing Articles for your Website or Blog
What Is Good SEO?
Search engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of getting a higher listing in on-line searches. This has also been called Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
Searchers, hopefully your customers, search for something they want and get a list of sites. Most do not look past the first page of listings. Search engine Optimization is the things that are done to get high ranking on this first page.
White Hat SEO
White Hat SEO is honorable things, which are done to get high ranking on these first search engine results pages (SERPS). Black Hat SEO is the dishonest, sneaky tricks which some do hoping to get high-ranking. Black hat techniques do not add informative listings. Grey Hat is questionable techniques. I think this term came about because some people think right and wrong have grey areas. Many do not.
Key Words And Key Phrases
The words or search phrases searchers type in are called key words or key phrases. If you put an article on your website about your products or services be sure to use key phrases that people would search for to find these articles. Key phrases are very important and should be in your title. This is White Hat SEO.
Black Hat SEO
To just list irrelevant words meaninglessly on a web page without a coherent article is of course a lot quicker and easier than researching an article. This is Black Hat SEO. If you have to ask if something is right or wrong it is generally wrong.
Write Quality Articles As Often As You Can
Write informative articles about your business often. These articles should be helpful to potential customers. This is White Hat SEO. Search engines should be viewed as business partners much like suppliers. They need good relevant content for their viewers and you need a way for customers to find your product or service. They give higher listing to the ones who have current, relevant content. To get high ranking for your product or service write quality articles as often as you can.